IIUM Repository (IREP)

The study of slurry recirculation to increase biogas productivity from Jatropha curcas Linn. capsule husk in two phase digestion

Hendroko S, Roy and Sasmito, Andi and G Adinurani, Praptiningsih and Nindita, Anggi and Yudhanto, Agus Setyo and Adhi Nugroho, Yogo and Liwang, Tony and Mel, Maizirwan (2015) The study of slurry recirculation to increase biogas productivity from Jatropha curcas Linn. capsule husk in two phase digestion. Energy Procedia, 65. pp. 300-308. ISSN 1876-6102

[img]
Preview
PDF
Download (962kB) | Preview

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to obtain the best slurry recirculation treatment for two-phase digester system which produced the highest biogas production in the DH-JcL substrate. The study was conducted in the laboratory using 750 mL and 2 L of plasticdigester and biofilter plastic as growth immobilize. The slurry recirculation treatment consisted of the recirculation of 50 %slurry to methanogenesis digester, 50 % slurry to hydrolysis digester, and 25 % slurry to hydrolysis digester combined with 25 % to methanogenesis digester. The highest daily biogas production was obtained from the recirculation of 50 % slurry to hydrolysis digester. However, the best slurry recirculation treatment, which was more stable in longer period, was 50 % slurry to methanogenesis digester.

Item Type: Article (Journal)
Additional Information: 4085/42468
Uncontrolled Keywords: Biogas; dried husk Jatropha curcas Linn.; slurry recirculation; two-phase digester system
Subjects: T Technology > TP Chemical technology > TP155 Chemical engineering
T Technology > TP Chemical technology > TP248.13 Biotechnology
T Technology > TP Chemical technology > TP751 Gas industry
Kulliyyahs/Centres/Divisions/Institutes: Kulliyyah of Engineering > Department of Biotechnology Engineering
Depositing User: Dr Maizirwan Mel
Date Deposited: 17 Apr 2015 08:21
Last Modified: 01 May 2016 16:02
URI: http://irep.iium.edu.my/id/eprint/42468

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year