IIUM Repository

Board specialty certifications for pharmacists in Arab countries: current needs and recommendations

Elnaem, Mohamed Hassan and Jamshed, Shazia Qasim and Elkalmi, Ramadan Mohamed Mahmod (2017) Board specialty certifications for pharmacists in Arab countries: current needs and recommendations. Archives of Pharmacy Practice, 8 (1). pp. 1-2. ISSN 2045-080X

[img] PDF - Published Version
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (1MB) | Request a copy

Abstract

For more than three decades, the American Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) has provided specialty-level certification programs for pharmacists – both nationally and internationally. This qualification certificate has been established to “Improve patient care through recognition and promotion of specialized training, knowledge, and skills in pharmacy practice and through board certification of pharmacists.”[1] Since its inception, about 25,227 pharmacists have been certified. Statistics showed that the vast majority of the certified pharmacists (n = 23,184, 92%) were from the USA, whereas the rest (n = 2043, 8%) were pharmacists from other countries. A list of the first seven countries in terms of the number of certified pharmacists is shown in [Table 1]. It is noticeable that three of these countries are Arab countries (ACs). The rest of countries have <100 of certified pharmacists.[2]

Item Type: Article (Editorial)
Additional Information: 7472/55522
Uncontrolled Keywords: Board specialty certifications,pharmacists, Arab Countries
Subjects: R Medicine > RM Therapeutics. Pharmacology > RM300 Drugs and their action
R Medicine > RS Pharmacy and materia medica
Kulliyyahs/Centres/Divisions/Institutes (Can select more than one option. Press CONTROL button): Kulliyyah of Pharmacy
Depositing User: Dr Mohamed Elnaem
Date Deposited: 04 Apr 2017 15:41
Last Modified: 04 Apr 2017 15:41
URI: http://irep.iium.edu.my/id/eprint/55522

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year